Friday, December 12, 2008

Kentucky State University Concert Choir - Spreading Christmas Joy!

What would the world be without a song? I recently received a gift CD from my Alma Mater, Kentucky State University featuring the Concert Choir. The KSU Concert Choir is a supreme musical ensemble led, directed and instructed by Dr. Carl Smith. This is the organization that provided me the opportunity to go to college on a music scholarship and of which I received the honer of being recognized as most valuable female vocalist in 1981. During my attendance the concert choir was then a spectacular ensemble which traveled all over the US and internationally, and the legacy continues. The sounds of the Kentucky State Concert Choir continues to stir the soul.

This recording is Sweet Little Jesus Boy, Arr. Stacey Gibbs, Soloist: Arlicia Shorter of the KSU Concert Choir. She sounds like me, I am so proud ! and Stacey Gibbs is one of my classmates, he has also arranged music for the Harlem Boys Choir and others. Great Job, Stacey.


Listen to the podcast and share in the giving of Arlicia's spirit.

Happy Holidays, Enjoy !

Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how the internet connects us and the nice surprises. Great music. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle F. Jones PMP, MBA, Ed.S. said...

Tom:

Thank you for listening, I am honored! I follow you blog quite closely and have learned(ing) a lot from you.

Have a Great Holiday!

Michelle Freeman Jones

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
This is beautiful! Just what I needed after a long day at the hospital. May good things be with you over the holiday.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Jones, you are a great writer, however, Christmas is OVER! Let's have some updates. thanks.